Two released suspects missing
7 November 2007, DEN BOSCH - Two of the eight suspects released last week because their pre-trial detention had been ordered by an unqualified judge in Den Bosch are nowhere to be found.
7 November 2007
DEN BOSCH - Two of the eight suspects released last week because their pre-trial detention had been ordered by an unqualified judge in Den Bosch are nowhere to be found.
The police have not been able to find the two since the court in Den Bosch decided on Tuesday that they could once again be taken into custody, a spokesperson for the justice department said Wednesday.
One of those missing is a 59-year-old Eindhoven man suspected of molesting several children. His lawyer says he is suicidal. The other suspect is an Eindhoven man suspected of armed robbery and rape. They failed to turn up for the continuation of their court case on Wednesday, despite the hopes of the justice department.
Nor could a third suspect be found on Tuesday but his pre-trial detention was suspended by the court since there are no longer any serious objections to his awaiting his trial in freedom.
A 24-year-old woman from Vlijmen who had admitted to strangling her boyfriend was arrested immediately again on Tuesday. The court determined on Wednesday that hearings in her case would resume on 6 December.
One of the suspects had already been taken into custody again in connection with another crime and the lawyers of the three underage suspects involved assured that court that their clients would be at the proceedings on Wednesday.
[Copyright Expatica News + ANP 2007]
Subject: Dutch news