Two men hurt by homemade fireworks
Two men, aged 21 and 23, were badly injured when a homemade ‘firework bomb’ exploded in a house in Hedel in the central Netherlands on Friday night.
The men sustained injuries to the lower body but were able to walk. They told police that they were making a smoke bomb. Officers found a hollowed-out iron bar in the house and boxes of illegal fireworks.
One of the men was losing a lot of blood and had to be treated at the scene by paramedics from a hospital helicopter. The two men were later admitted to hospital in Den Bosch.
© Radio Netherlands Worldwide