Suspects 'admit' starting fatal fire
13 August 2004, AMSTERDAM — Three of the four people suspected of involvement in the arson attack which killed two boys in Eindhoven have admitted responsibility, it was reported Friday.
13 August 2004
AMSTERDAM — Three of the four people suspected of involvement in the arson attack which killed two boys in Eindhoven have admitted responsibility, it was reported Friday.
The victims, brothers aged 14 and eight, died when their family home on the Jan Hollanderstraat was set alight earlier this week. The boys' parents suffered serious injuries.
Police said the house was the arsonists' target. There were rumours after the fire that the gang 'got the wrong house'.
Two of the suspects, men aged 23 and 31, are believed by police to have poured petrol through the letterbox and set it alight. A 22-year-old woman from Eindhoven who was arrested on Tuesday morning is said to have admitted to helping preparations for the attack.
A 36-year-old man suspected of encouraging the arson attack continues to deny involvement. Police suspect however he contacted the other two men and supplied the petrol.
All four suspects have been remanded in custody.
The police investigating the fire have refused to comment about the possible motive.
[Copyright Novum Nieuws 2004]
Subject: Dutch news