Schoolboy's alleged killer appears in court

4th December 2006, Comments 0 comments

4 December 2006, AMSTERDAM — The 22-year-old man arrested for the murder of an eight-year-old school boy on Friday previously spent time in jail, it has been confirmed.

4 December 2006

AMSTERDAM — The 22-year-old man arrested for the murder of an eight-year-old school boy on Friday previously spent time in jail, it has been confirmed.

The suspect's lawyer, Henk van Asselt, said on Sunday that his client had been jailed for a shop robbery.

It had previously been reported that the man was 'known' to police. Newspaper 'De Telegraaf' reported on Sunday that the suspect had a criminal record.

It quoted the suspect's father, who had said his son had served time in jail last year, possibly for a robbery.

The man was arrested on Friday after the eight-year-old Jesse Dingemans was stabbed and killed on Friday at the primary school Klim-Op in Hoogerheide in Brabant in an apparent random attack.

A remembrance ceremony was held for the victim in Hoogerheide on Sunday morning. Afterwards, a silent march involving 8,000 people was held in honour of Jesse.

Police have refused to comment in the killer's possible motive. The suspect will probably appear at a remand hearing later on Monday.

[Copyright Expatica News + ANP 2006]

Subject: Dutch news

0 Comments To This Article