No new anti-terror plan to follow Web threat

20th July 2005, Comments 0 comments

20 July 2005, THE HAGUE – The Netherlands will remain alert but will not take any extra measures in response to the new warnings issued by terrorists to it and other European countries.

20 July 2005

THE HAGUE – The Netherlands will remain alert but will not take any extra measures in response to the new warnings issued by terrorists to it and other European countries.

The threat continues to be ‘substantial’, but the alert level is not being raised, said a spokesman for the Nationaal Coördinator Terreurbestrijding (NCTb) on Wednesday.

An announcement on Tuesday on the Internet signed by a branch of the international terrorist group al-Qaeda demands European countries withdraw all troops from Iraq within a month.

If they do not, attacks like those in London will follow, the message said.

‘We are closely monitoring what happens,’ the NCTb spokesman said. ‘If there is a reason to, we will take action immediately. There is not at the moment.’

He pointed out the Netherlands had been named in similar online messages before.

‘It is difficult to interpret these messages precisely,’ the spokesman said. ‘They go up, but they’re often taken down just as quickly. We are keeping a close eye on it.’

[Copyright Expatica News + ANP 2005]

Subject: Dutch news

 

0 Comments To This Article