Man dies with cocaine in his stomach
A Dutchman dies bringing cocaine over the English Channel when the drugs break open in his stomach.1 October 2008
LILLE -- A Dutchman died in the French port of Calais when a two-kilo bag of cocaine exploded in his stomach as he tried to bring it into Britain, police said Tuesday.
The man, in his thirties, became ill Sunday as the bus he was travelling on waited to board a ferry for the trip across the English Channel.
Police said his symptoms appeared similar to those of an epileptic fit but they were caused by a massive and eventually fatal drug overdose.
An autopsy showed he swallowed around one hundred capsules of cocaine, at least one of which broke inside his stomach.
[AFP / Expatica]