Man, 86, charged with shooting Dutch men in WWII

18th April 2008, Comments 0 comments

German prosecutors are charging the man for shooting three Dutch citizens between July and September in 1944.

18 April 2008

BERLIN - Prosecutors in the German city of Dusseldorf said Thursday they had charged an 86-year-old man with murder in connection with the shooting of three Dutch citizens during the last year of World War II.

Dortmund chief prosecutor Ulrich Maass said the unidentified man lived in an old-age home near the city of Aachen on the Dutch border.

He is accused of shooting the three between July and September in 1944 while holding the rank of Standartenfuehrer in the SS - the equivalent of colonel.

Maass added that the man's precise nationality was not clear.

The courts are yet to decide if and when the man will face trial.

[dpa / Expatica]

0 Comments To This Article