Hariri UN tribunal judge confirms Hezbollah suspects' names
The pre-trial judge for the UN tribunal investigating the death of former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq Hariri, Friday confirmed the name of four Hezbollah suspects indicted in the case.
"The pre-trial judge Daniel Fransen ordered the lifting of confidentiality on the full names and aliases, biographical information, photographs and charges against the individuals named in the indictment," the tribunal said in a statement, a month after Lebanese authorities revealed the names.
The Special Tribunal for Lebanon's prosecution alleged that the four men named in the indictment were involved in the February 14, 2005 attack that killed Hariri and 22 others in a bomb blast.
"The four individuals named in the indictment are: Salim Ayyash; Mustafa Badreddine; Hussein Anaissi and Assad Sabra," the statement said.
The names of the four, whose wherabouts are unknown, were revealed by the Lebanese government late last month after being leaked by the local media.
The Hague-based tribunal confirmed on June 30 it had submitted a confidential indictment and arrest warrants to Lebanese authorities.
© 2011 AFP