Looking for places to take the kids this summer? Our guide to family trips in the Netherlands has some suggestions.
- Six Flags Holland offers the family outing a lot more than heart-stopping roller coasters.
- Linnaeushof, Europe's largest playground, is well worth a visit. With more than 350 rides and attractions, there is plenty to entertain children ranging from tots to young teens.
- Zee Aquarium at Bergen Aan Zee has over 43 tanks of various marine life.
- Madame Tussaud's is always a family favourite for tourists, but for those of us who live here, it's a must.
- De Zaanse Schans, near Zaandam, is a great afternoon out with its charming windmill village, traditional Dutch wooden houses, tulip gardens, cheese farm, clog factory and craft centre.
- Beverwijkse bazaar, also known as the 'zwarte markt' or 'black market', is a traditional indoor market run predominantly by the Turkish community.
- Museum Broeker Veiling is good for a enjoying day out. As the oldest sail through vegetable auction, it's great fun to sit and 'bid' for vegetables and fruit for the larder.