Expatica SpeedDate in Amsterdam – Saturday, 21 June
Looking for love? Interested in making new friends? Meet the most eligible internationals in the Netherlands. Don't miss out - true love could be waiting!Increasingly, many single professionals with a successful career lack a good way to find that special someone to share their life with. They typically have very limited time for social activities to meet new and interesting people. Expatica SpeedDate is a great alternative to the time-consuming, superficial bar scene and the agonising blind date. It provides you a structured opportunity to meet someone special, or at least have a great night out.
If you're interested in the concept but would like to know more, here is what some of our previous participants have to say:
He says: "Thanks for the email addresses (got the one I wanted!) and also for hosting a nice night Saturday night. I knew it would be fun but ended up really enjoying it a lot more than expected. I'll be back for sure next time with friends."
She says: "Thank you so much for organizing this wonderful evening! I've found the atmosphere to be informal, fun, and relaxed (not necessarily what I expected ;). ... I had a very good time."
For some, Expatica SpeedDate is more than just a fun way to meet new people. Several couples who met at an Expatica SpeedDate are still together, some even started a family. One couple recounted their experiences for us in this interview.
This is how it works: Upon arrival, you will receive a welcome drink and a list of the singles you will meet that evening. Once the dating starts, you will have three minutes to find a click with each single of the opposite sex. After each session, the guys move on for the next dating round. You can then indicate whether you'd like to stay in touch with your date by marking them on your list. After 25 dates, you'll have the opportunity to socialize with everyone over a drink (or two).
... Monday Morning.... we sort out the paper work and with any luck, you'll find a match in your mailbox.
We can only invite 25 gentlemen and 25 ladies to this event, so make sure that you RSVP quickly!
Participants of Expatica's dating events are usually between 28 and 45 years old.
Date & Time:
Saturday, 21 June
Door opens at 19h00 for drinks and closes at 19h45.
SpeedDating starts at 20h15 sharp and finishes at 23h30.
After 19h45, you will need to call Blue° to open the doors of the shopping mall for you: T. +31 20 427 39 01.
1012 WP Amsterdam
For directions, please click here.
Tickets are EUR 35, which includes 2 drinks, and can only be ordered online by Thursday, 19 June. To register for this event, please click here.
For further information on the SpeedDate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know that Expatica also has a dating site? A trial membership is free and allows you to browse other members' profiles, send FREE messages and cards, and try out our HotList facility and the various components of our SuperMatch system.
Don't forget to keep an eye out for the following events (please note, dates are provisional):
- Expatica SpeedDate in Amsterdam on Saturday, 6 September
- Expatica SpeedDate in Amsterdam on Saturday, 18 October
- "i am not a tourist" Expat Fair in Amsterdam on Sunday, 2 November
- ‘Mini' Expatica SpeedDate in Amsterdam on Sunday, 2 November
- Expatica SpeedDate in Amsterdam on Saturday, 29 November
Terms and Conditions:
- Once registered, the ticket fee will not be refunded.
- Expatica has the right to cancel the event in the case that it does not sell enough tickets to cover all event-related costs or in case Expatica cannot deliver a balanced SpeedDate audience. An alternative date will be offered.
- Expatica cannot guarantee that the balance between women/men is equal. This means that some participants may start off the evening without a date. Likewise, Expatica cannot guarantee any matches, nor can Expatica guarantee the accurateness of matches, related names and/or email addresses, or any other matters related to the match making process. The liability clause as outlined at the very bottom of this page applies.
- The actual matching process may take up to 7 working days. Only participants with a match will receive an email from the event manager (sender: Cosmo Polite) or from an Expatica representative. Participants without a match will not receive email(s) from Expatica or its event organiser. Due to the administrative efforts, correspondence about the match making process is not possible and related emails, letters and/ or faxes will not be processed.
- Expatica may take photos during the event. The photos taken during an event are copyright of Expatica. Expatica may use the photos, place the photos online, and/ or publish the photos in any Expatica-related or -affiliated publication.
- The ticket price grants access to the Expatica's SpeedDate at Blue° in Amsterdam on 21 June and includes 2 drinks.
- Other costs that may arise during the event, e.g. additional drinks at, are not included in the ticket price.
- Expatica is not liable for any damage or expense arising out of, or sustained in connection with, the organisation of the SpeedDate event. With the purchase of the ticket, the ticket holder shall indemnify Expatica and hold it, its respective members, employees, directors, officers and agents, harmless from any liability and expense arising out of or sustained in connection with the Expatica SpeedDate event.