Dutch couple identified as Jakarta bomb victims
Indonesian police say Peter Burer and Eugenie Burer-Koning have been identified as victims of the Jakarta hotel bombings although this has yet to be confirmed by Dutch foreign ministry.Jakarta – A Dutch couple have been identified as victims of last week's suicide blast at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Jakarta, bringing the number of foreigners killed to six, police said Tuesday.
An Indonesian police spokesman said the man and woman were killed when a suspected Islamist bomber blew himself up in a restaurant at the luxury hotel around breakfast time on Friday.
But the Dutch foreign ministry in The Hague said two Dutch citizens, named in Dutch media reports as Peter Burer and Eugenie Burer-Koning, remained listed as missing in Jakarta and had not been identified as among the blast victims.
"The two Dutch are still listed as missing and an investigation is under way," foreign ministry spokesman Christoph Prommersberger said.
Dutch media have reported the couple were holidaying at the Ritz-Carlton at the time of the attacks.
Two suicide bombers killed seven people including three Australians, an Indonesian and a New Zealander in twin attacks on the Ritz-Carlton and the adjacent JW Mariott.
The police spokesman said two bodies believed to be the bombers had yet to be identified.
Police had taken DNA samples from the families of the suspected bombers in the towns of Temanggung, Central Java, and Cirebon in West Java, he added, without naming the suspects.
"They are still under investigation," the spokesman told reporters.
Local media have named the bombers as Nur Hasbi or Nur Said from Temanggung, and Ibrahim from Cirebon, but police have not confirmed the reports.
AFP / Expatica