Carbon monoxide scare in new homes

30th October 2007, Comments 0 comments

30 October 2007, RIJEN – Police found a couple dead in their home in Rijen on Monday evening. The two died because of carbon monoxide poisoning, the police, municipality, fire brigade and regional health authority GGD have all confirmed.

30 October 2007

RIJEN – Police found a couple dead in their home in Rijen on Monday evening. The two died because of carbon monoxide poisoning, the police, municipality, fire brigade and regional health authority GGD have all confirmed.

A passer-by warned the police at about 1.15 pm on Monday. The 63-year-old man and his 62-year-old wife lived in an apartment building that has a total of 42 units. All the residents have been evacuated as a precaution. They will not be allowed to return until the cause of the carbon monoxide poisoning is found.

The fire brigade conducted tests of the air in all units of the complex on Monday evening. Residents only moved into the new building a few weeks ago. Investigation of the central heating installation and the ventilation system should provide answers. It is not known when the results will be available.

Sixty new homes bordering on the complex have also been checked because they are equipped with identical heating systems. The municipality has instructed these residents to turn off their boilers and ventilate their homes thoroughly. They are not being evacuated however.

[Copyright Expatica News + ANP 2007]

Subject: Dutch news

0 Comments To This Article