- Registration is open. Don't forget to order your FREE tickets here.
- Keep up to date with the latest news and information on Expatica.com by subscribing to our newsletters here.
Are you an international living in or moving to Holland? Looking for opportunities and information to make the most of life abroad?
The "i am not a tourist" Expat Fair is a unique opportunity to get all the information and contacts you need in one place. Within a single day, you'll have the chance to meet groups and clubs, service providers, experts, and other expats. If you're looking for a house or a job, starting a business, or just want to meet other internationals, the "i am not a tourist" Expat Fair is for you!
Place: Beurs van Berlage, Amsterdam
Date: Sunday, 2 November 2014
Time: 10am - 5pm
Tickets are free when ordered online and EUR 10 at the door. Registration will open up soon.
The "i am not a tourist" Expat Fair will be held in the famous Beurs van Berlage in central Amsterdam.
Beurs van Berlage
1012 ZJ Amsterdam
Click here for a map
T 00 31 (0)20-530 41 41
F 00 31 (0)20-620 47 01
The Beurs van Berlage is considered Holland's most important 19th-century architectural monument. The imposing building is an eye-catching feature in Amsterdam's cityscape. Coming from the direction of Amsterdam Central Station you will soon see the elongated building with its orange bricks on your left.
The Beurs van Berlage was built by Hendrik Petrus Berlage (1856-1934) for the Municipality of Amsterdam. Construction started in 1898 and was completed in 1903. It was Berlage's first really large commission - and it would make him world famous. Built in the same period as Amsterdam's Centraal Station and the State Museum, it is a milestone in the history of modern architecture.
Directions by Public TransportationPrintable view
Take a train, tram or bus to Amsterdam Centraal Station. For information works carried out on the rails, check out http://www.ns.nl/werktrajecten/. To check the NS journey planner, please click here.
Once you arrive at Amsterdam Centraal Station, follow the signs to the 'Centrum' exit and walk towards Dam square. The Beurs is on your left about halfway between the station and Dam Square.
Directions by CarPrintable view
Should you want to check major road works, you can do so here. Once you are on the Amsterdam ring-road (A10):
- From the Amsterdam ring-road (A10), take the exit 'Volendam / Centrum' and follow the signs to 'Centrum'.
- After passing through the IJ tunnel, take the first right, towards the harbours. You will be on Prins Hendrikkade.
- Continue along Prins Hendrikkade until you pass Centraal Station (a magnificent brick building on your right). You will then see a large parking building: Amsterdam Centraal.
- Unfortunately the Beurs van Berlage does not have special disabled parking spaces. We suggest using the Bijenkorf multi-storey car park located right next to the Beurs van Berlage.
There are a number of large multi-storey car parks in the immediate vicinity of the Beurs van Berlage:
De Bijenkorf multi-storey; 400 spaces (right next to the Beurs van Berlage) Parkeergarage De Bijenkorf - Q Park
P1 Central Station multi-storey; 465 spaces (5-minute walk) Parkeergarage Centraal Station - P1
Nieuwezijds Kolk multi-storey; 400 spaces (5-minute walk) Parkeergarage Nieuwezijds Kolk
Oosterdok multi-storey; 250 spaces (10-minute walk) Oosterdok Parking
It is virtually impossible to park anywhere on the road near the Beurs van Berlage.
Unfortunately the Beurs van Berlage does not have special disabled parking spaces. We suggest using the Bijenkorf multi-storey car park located right next to the Beurs van Berlage.