Two new suspects charged in Belgium in Paris attacks case: prosecutor
Belgium has charged two new suspects in connection with the Paris attacks last month, the prosecutor's office said Thursday, bringing to eight the number of people held in the case.
"Two other suspects have been charged... in the framework of the Paris attacks," an office spokesman told AFP, confirming reports that the two had been arrested on Sunday.
Flemish public television VRT said one of the suspects knew Bilal Hadfi, one of the suicide bombers who blew himself up at the French national stadium north of Paris.
The suspect, a 20-year-old Frenchman, was held for questioning at Zaventem airport, northwest of Brussels, as he prepared to board a flight to Morocco, the broadcaster said.
The second suspect, a 28-year-old Belgian, was arrested in the troubled Brussels district of Molenbeek, where several of the Paris attackers resided, including suspected ringleader Abdelhamid Abaaoud, who was killed in a raid by French police.
Since the investigation opened, six other suspects have been charged in connection with the November 13 attacks that left 130 people dead at the stadium, in a concert hall as well as restaurants and cafes across the French capital.
© 2015 AFP