Strauss-Kahn accuser gave false account: prosecutors

1st July 2011, Comments 0 comments

Dominique Strauss-Kahn's alleged victim gave false testimony to a grand jury, omitting the fact she cleaned another room before alerting a supervisor of her sexual assault claims, prosecutors revealed Friday.

According to her initial story, she immediately fled Strauss-Kahn's luxury Manhattan hotel suite after the alleged attack and waited in main hallway of the hotel's 28th floor until she saw him leave the room.

"The complainant has since admitted that this account was false and that after the incident in Suite 2806, she proceeded to clean a nearby room and then returned to Suite 2806 and began to clean that suite before she reported the incident to her supervisor," prosecutors wrote.

In a June 30 letter from New York District Attorney Cyrus Vance to Strauss-Kahn's two attorneys, Vance said his office also believed the alleged victim gave false information in her asylum application.

The alleged victim, who was born in the West African country of Guinea, filed an asylum application on December 30, 2004. The application contained the claim that she and her husband had been "persecuted and harassed by the dictatorial regime that was then in power in Guinea," Vance wrote.

Vance said that the complainant has admitted that she made up her asylum statement by using a cassette recording of the fabricated facts that she listened to "repeatedly."

"In interviews in connection with the investigation of this case, the complainant admitted that the above factual information, which she provided in connection with her asylum application, was false," Vance said in his letter.

© 2011 AFP

0 Comments To This Article