Still no sign of ten Frenchcitizens missing since attacks

11th July 2005, Comments 0 comments

PARIS, July 11 (AFP) - Authorities in Paris on Monday still had no news of around 10 French nationals missing since last week's bomb attacks in London, European Affairs Minister Catherine Colonna said.

PARIS, July 11 (AFP) - Authorities in Paris on Monday still had no news of around 10 French nationals missing since last week's bomb attacks in London, European Affairs Minister Catherine Colonna said.

"We still have no word from about 10 French citizens," Colonna told private radio RTL. "We hope to have more information over the next few hours."

Authorities were especially concerned about 24-year-old Slimane Ihab, a resident of the central-eastern city of Lyon, who was last heard from before taking a London Underground train on Thursday, just before the bombings.

Explosions ripped through three Underground trains and a double-decker bus in the British capital during rush hour on Thursday, killing at least 49 people and wounding 700.

Six French nationals were among the injured, with three still in hospital but not in life-threatening condition, according to French foreign ministry spokesman Jean-Baptiste Mattei.

Mattei said there were no French citizens among the dead.

Copyright AFP

Subject: French news

0 Comments To This Article