Rwandan genocide suspect arrested on Mayotte: legal source

3rd June 2010, Comments 0 comments

A Rwandan sought in connection with the 1994 genocide in his country was on Thursday arrested in the French Indian Ocean territory of Mayotte, legal sources said.

Octavien Ngenzi, a former mayor of the town of Kabarondo who is suspected of having taken part in the massacre of hundreds of ethnic Tutsis, has been the subject of an international arrest warrant issued by Rwanda last year.

He was being held in Mamoudzou, the capital of the French overseas territory, legal sources in Paris said.

© 2010 AFP

0 Comments To This Article