Restaurant diners poisoned by carbon monoxide

1st March 2004, Comments 0 comments

STRASBOURG, Feb 29 (AFP) - About 50 people dining at a restaurant in eastern France on Sunday suffered carbon monoxide poisoning because of a malfunctioning wood stove and were hospitalized, rescue services said.

STRASBOURG, Feb 29 (AFP) - About 50 people dining at a restaurant in eastern France on Sunday suffered carbon monoxide poisoning because of a malfunctioning wood stove and were hospitalized, rescue services said.

Authorities were alerted when two people complained they were feeling ill and were immediately taken to a hospital near the Alsatian town of Kogenheim.

Firefighters called to the scene measured three times the normal level of carbon monoxide in the restaurant, prompting the evacuation of all 70 customers.

© AFP

                                                              Subject: France news

0 Comments To This Article