Morocco expects more arrests for bombing: France
Further arrests for last month's deadly cafe bombing in Morocco are likely after Rabat seized the prime suspect, France's interior minister said on Friday, citing his Moroccan counterpart.
Moroccan Interior Minister Taieb Cherkaoui "told me that the investigation would continue because it cannot be excluded that there will be further ramifications and more people to arrest," France's Claude Gueant told AFP.
Cherkaoui's ministry said on Thursday it had arrested the main suspect and two other Moroccans over the bomb attack in the tourist city of Marrakesh which killed 16 people, including several foreigners, on April 28.
The interior ministry said the main suspect was "a keen jihadist who has pledged allegiance to Al-Qaeda".
© 2011 AFP