Man in south of France falls ill after nearly drinking toxic bottled water

10th April 2008, Comments 0 comments

A security guard working at Nice airport was taken to hospital after nearly drinking a bottle of mineral water containing high levels of a toxic substance.

   NICE, April 10, 2008  - A security guard working at Nice airport was
taken to hospital after nearly drinking a bottle of mineral water containing
high levels of a toxic substance, hydrochloric acid, police said.
   The security guard said he bought the bottled-water from a vending machine
reserved only for airport staff. He was later discharged from hospital after a
two-hour check-up.  
   Police said, experts who examined the bottle found it did not contain the
same amount of water as the logo indicated. Instead they found "a strong
concentration of hydrochloric acid," police specified. They did not disclose
the manufacturer's name.
   The state prosecuter's office in the French Riviera city has opened an
enquiry to look into the matter.

AFP 

0 Comments To This Article