'Live' lamppost a dead end for French pooch

22nd February 2005, Comments 0 comments

LILLE, France, Feb 22 (AFP) - A dog was electrocuted in northern France after urinating on a lamppost with a loose connection, officials at the town hall said Tuesday.

LILLE, France, Feb 22 (AFP) - A dog was electrocuted in northern France after urinating on a lamppost with a loose connection, officials at the town hall said Tuesday.

The three-year old Argentian mastiff named Pako was being walked by its owner in Wavrechain-sous-Denain on Sunday evening. It let out a yelp and died on the spot.

The owner himself received a shock when he tried to help the dog and had to be briefly hospitalised, the town hall said.

A spokesman for the local electricity board said that the street light had been vandalised with the result that a live wire was in contact with the metal pole.

© AFP

Subject: French News

0 Comments To This Article