Judge approves Strauss-Kahn's new housing

26th May 2011, Comments 0 comments

A New York judge on Wednesday approved a new location in Manhattan where Dominique Strauss-Kahn will wait under house arrest for his trial on sex assault charges, a court spokesman said.

State court spokesman said that Judge Michael Obus was informed, as required, by lawyers from the prosecution and defense teams about the new address.

However, no details about the location or the timing of the move were available.

Strauss-Kahn, who resigned as head of the International Monetary Fund after being charged with the violent sexual assault of a hotel chambermaid, is free on strict bail.

Last week he moved into an apartment in lower Manhattan, near Wall Street, held by the security company managing his home detention. Efforts by his wife to put him in a luxury building in another part of Manhattan fell through after complaints from residents.

Strauss-Kahn is next due in court on June 6.

© 2011 AFP

0 Comments To This Article