Hotel operator has no plans to fire Strauss-Kahn accuser

29th August 2011, Comments 0 comments

The company that runs New York's Sofitel hotel said Monday it had "no intention" of sacking the woman who accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn of attempted rape after a court dismissed the charges.

Nafissatou Diallo worked as a housekeeper at the upscale New York hotel operated by French company Accor, but stopped work in May after accusing the former IMF chief of sexually assaulting her while staying at the hotel.

"We are talking to her advisers to find out what she wants to do," an Accor spokesman told AFP, adding the company had "no intention" of breaking ties with the 32-year-old.

Accor said last week Diallo was still a Sofitel employee, and hotel manager Jorge Tito has expressed "complete satisfaction with both the quality of her work and her behaviour."

Last week, a Manhattan judge dismissed the charges against Strauss-Kahn after prosecutors expressed doubts about Diallo's credibility.

Strauss-Kahn, who resigned as IMF chief after the accusations in May, still faces civil charges filed by Diallo in a New York court, and French writer Tristane Banon has since accused the former Socialist party stalwart of sexually assaulting her in a Paris flat in 2003.

Former French Socialist prime minister Michel Rocard on Monday told French Canal+ television that Strauss-Kahn has "a mental illness" the keeps him from "controlling his impulses" around women.

Rocard tipped Francois Hollande as the front-runner to lead the Socialist party in next year's election against President Nicolas Sarkozy.

Strauss-Kahn was once considered the Socialist's best hope to unseat Sarkozy, but few expect him to run following the allegations of sexual misconduct.

© 2011 AFP

0 Comments To This Article