French parliament to probe handling of 2015 attacks: MP

19th January 2016, Comments 0 comments

The French parliament will create a commission to investigate the government's handling of last year's attacks in the country, the parliamentary leader of the opposition Republicans party said Tuesday.

The probe into "the resources put in place by the state to fight terrorism since January 7, 2015" -- the date of an attack on the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo -- will begin soon, Christian Jacobs told reporters.

Four days after the jihadist attacks of November 13 claimed 130 lives in the French capital, Jacob said his parliamentary group was likely to ask for the probe "so that the French people will know the whole truth about the conditions in which these attacks could have happened."


© 2016 AFP

0 Comments To This Article