France confirms release of aid worker kidnapped in Yemen
France on Thursday confirmed the release of a French aid worker kidnapped two days ago in Yemen's restive south, a foreign ministry official told AFP.
"The kidnapped Franco-Moroccan woman is now free and in good health at the office of the International Committee of the Red Cross in Aden," ministry spokesman Bernard Valero said.
Yemeni municipal official Hasan Ali told AFP earlier that the French aid worker, who is of Moroccan origin, had been released along with her Yemeni translator and driver after being kidnapped on Tuesday.
They were on a mission in the southern province of Lahij and were travelling in a Red Cross vehicle, government and security officials said.
© 2011 AFP