Belgium launches international manhunt for Paris attack suspect: source

15th November 2015, Comments 0 comments

Belgium has issued an international arrest warrant for a man suspected of having taken part in the Paris attacks with two of his brothers, a judicial source said Sunday.

Sources close to the investigation say they believe that the three brothers were involved in Friday's attacks that claimed at least 129 lives.

One is on the run, one is in custody in Belgium -- though it is unclear whether he took part in the rampage -- while the third was one of the attackers who blew themselves up at the Bataclan concert hall after killing at least 89 people, the source said.

The Belgian authorities are holding seven people for questioning in connection with the attacks, and investigators have found that two cars used in the operation were rented in Belgium, prosecutors said.

It was previously announced that police made several arrests when they carried out raids Saturday in the poor immigrant Brussels neighbourhood of Molenbeek, which has been linked to past terror plots.

As the investigation into the bloodshed widened, French police found an abandoned car containing assault rifles on the outskirts of Paris. Witnesses said the black SEAT was used by one of three groups who carried out the deadliest attacks in France since World War 2.

Another car was found near the Bataclan.

axr-lc-pdw/ric


© 2015 AFP

0 Comments To This Article