92 suffer carbon monoxide poisoning in hotel

10th April 2007, Comments 0 comments

PAU, France, April 8, 2007 (AFP) - Ninety-two people suffered carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty heater in a hotel in Lons, in southwest France, firemen said Sunday.

PAU, France, April 8, 2007 (AFP) - Ninety-two people suffered carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty heater in a hotel in Lons, in southwest France, firemen said Sunday.

Fifteen people were taken to hospital, of whom three were said to be in serious condition.

Firemen said the toxic gas, which is odourless and invisible, "must have spread through the corridors and bedrooms" of the Premiere Classe hotel on a main road in this town near Pau early Sunday.

Around 6,000 people suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning every year in France, of whom 300 die, most of them at home.


Copyright AFP

Subject: French news

0 Comments To This Article