125 down with food poisoning in Hong Kong French school
Crepes served at the school’s annual food fair are suspected to be the cause of the food poisoning.5 May 2008
HONG KONG - Almost 125 people came down with food poisoning from suspect crepes at a Hong Kong French school's annual fair, school officials said on Monday.
Twenty-two people had to be hospitalised after the 26 April event and one of them, a primary school student, is still in hospital, said Brigitte Dumas, administrator of the Lycee Francais International in the Chinese city.
"The crepes are suspected but there are still no formal results yet from the tests," Dumas said. She said 124 people in all came down with some kind of food poisoning.
The school said the premises had been disinfected after the outbreak and it was operating as normal.
[AFP / Expatica]