Yoga for children in a park in Barcelona
Bring your children for a kids' yoga session held at the Parc de la Ciutadella every Wednesday.A kids' yoga class that takes place in the Parc de la Ciutadella is a refreshing change. For kids aged four to seven years, the outdoor sessions offer a chance for kids to enjoy some fresh air whilst enjoying music and movement. The yoga poses for this age group are typically done with an animal in mind. Stories and games using animals are also used as a source of inspiration. As well as developing flexibility and coordination, kids can also increase their level of concentration, self-discipline and learn breathing techniques that they can use for life.
Children need activities that keep them going and do not bore them, as they easily loose attention and interest. We create an environment that invites them to remain interested and energetic. Therefore we mix various activities like movements, singing, dancing, story telling, breathing and each class to finish off with relaxation.
At times we will use music to do movements and at times we will ask the children to create their own music.
The benefits of yoga:
· Develop flexibility, coordination, balance, body alignment, strength and stamina
· To enhance physical and mental health
· Increase level of concentration, self discipline, inner strength and clarity
· To learn breathing techniques which gives us the tool to regulate our life when facing various situations, and to remain calm and focused
· Learning to be respectful and cooperative to family members and friends
· Promoting positive communication and good listening skills which gives self respect, compassion and understanding for others needs.
· Bring the creative side out through storytelling, arts and crafts and body movements
· Building self-confidence and self-esteem.
Where: Parc de la Cituadella (next to the play ground by The Zoo entrance).
When: Wednesdays at 6.00pm.
Age: Four - seven years old
Cost: Donations or free if you like.
Tel: +34 620 072 613
Information supplied by Kids in Barcelona
Not keen on this event? Check out Expatica’s What’s on tool at http://www.expatica.com/es/whats_on_list.html for other events. If you have an event that you would like to share with other internationals living abroad, you can either upload it on http://www.expatica.com/es/whats_on/upload.html or email Expatica Spain at editorES@expatica.com.