Two die after suffocating in toxic septic tank
11 October 2005, VALENCIA — Two people have died after falling into a septic tank and inhaling toxic fumes.
11 October 2005
VALENCIA — Two people have died after falling into a septic tank and inhaling toxic fumes.
Two other workers who also fell into the three-metre deep tank were almost overcome by the fumes.
The tragedy happened at the Nuevo Centro in Valencia when rescuers scrambled to try and rescue one of the men when he fell in.
The two men who died have not been named, but they were a security guard aged 46 and a 36-year-old maintenance man.
The two others, aged 44 and 46, both worked as maintenance men.
They were taken to the La Fe and General hospitals in Valencia.
Witnesses said the tragedy happened one of the men, who was carrying out routine maintenance work.
It seems the others went in to try to help him out, but were overcome by the fumes.
The accident happened on Tuesday morning.
[Copyright EFE with Expatica]
Subject: Spanish news