Two Madrid bombing suspects detained

9th February 2005, Comments 0 comments

9 February 2005, MADRID - Two Moroccans arrested on suspicion of involvement in the 11 March train bombings last year in Madrid have been detained on terrorism charges, judicial sources said.

9 February 2005

MADRID - Two Moroccans arrested on suspicion of involvement in the 11 March train bombings last year in Madrid have been detained on terrorism charges, judicial sources said.

Rachid Mohamed Kadur, 35, was arrested last Thursday in the Spanish enclave of Melilla, a day after 33-year-old Rachid Bendouda was picked up by police in central Madrid.

Both stand accused of "working with a terrorist organisation".

The pair are suspected of taking part in a meeting on the eve of Spain's deadliest terrorist attack, which killed 191 people.

Kadur was seen 10 March last year in the company of another suspect, Abdenabi Kounjaa, also known as "Abdullah", who blew himself up with six others as police closed in on them in an apartment in the suburbs of Madrid in April.

A total of 22 people, most of them Moroccans, have been detained in Spain on suspicion of involvement in the blasts, while two other suspects are held outside the country, one in Morocco and one in Belgium.

[Copyright EFE with Expatica]

Subject: Spanish news

0 Comments To This Article