Three Italian, two Spanish tourists among dead in Tunisia attack
Three Italians and two Spaniards were among the 20 foreign tourists killed Wednesday in a brazen gun attack on Tunisia's national museum, their governments said.
The Italian foreign ministry gave a toll of three dead and six injured and said the families of the victims had been notified.
Spanish Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo said two Spanish citizens had lost their lives in the attack, but did not say whether any Spaniards were injured.
He said the victims were part of a group of tourists who had disembarked from two cruise ships to visit the Tunisian capital Tunis. One of the ships had 60 Spanish nationals on board, the other 30.
"I can't rule out that there will be more dead or injured," the minister said at a press conference broadcast live on television.
In Poland, the speaker of the lower house, Radoslaw Sikorski, said "very likely seven Polish people were killed". The country's foreign ministry only confirmed 11 injured.
French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius, speaking at a press conference in Paris alongside his Tunisian counterpart, said six Frenchmen had been hurt in the attack, three of whom were "in a serious condition".
A spokesman for the Tunisian interior ministry had earlier listed French tourists as among the dead, without however giving a detailed toll.
Colombia's President Juan Manuel Santos for his part confirmed two Colombian deaths.
Overall, 20 foreigners and two Tunisians were killed and another 42 people were injured when gunmen stormed the National Bardo Museum, according to the Tunisian authorities.
Security forces killed two gunmen and were hunting for possible accomplices, Tunisian Prime Minister Habib Essid said.
© 2015 AFP