Fire in hospital forces evacuation
Patients had to be evacuated at a hospital in Badalona, Barcelona on Wednesday.
13 December 2007
BARCELONA - A fire in a hospital in Badalona, Barcelona, yesterday saw 110 patients evacuated from three floors of the building, and relocated to a field hospital in the area or transferred to other health centres.
Intense smoke from the blaze, which was brought under control by 12.40pm, forced fire fighters to begin the evacuation.
Thirty fire crews arrived to combat the flames, which started in a workshop in the basement of the building. The cause of the fire is thought to have been a cigarette butt.
[Copyright EL PAÍS, SL. 2007]
Subject: Spanish news