Faulty heating may have killed two expats

20th January 2006, Comments 0 comments

20 January 2006, MALAGA — An investigation is under way after the bodies of two British expats were discovered in their flat.

20 January 2006

MALAGA — An investigation is under way after the bodies of two British expats were discovered in their flat.

Police say the two men were found in the kitchen of their apartment in Coin, a town near Malaga, the BBC reported. 

It is thought they may have been poisoned by carbon monoxide leaking from a faulty heating system.

The men, whose names have not been released, were found on Wednesday evening by a local police officer.

A brother of one of the men had contacted the British consul when his attempts to get in touch failed and local police were alerted.

An officer told the BBC that neither men had suffered obvious injury and gas poisoning was suspected, although the investigation is continuing.

He said the weather had been cold and many people had turned on heating systems which would otherwise have remained unused.

It has not been revealed how long their bodies had lain undiscovered.

[Copyright Expatica]

Subject: Spanish news

0 Comments To This Article