ETA support cell destroyed after three arrests
7 April 2005, MADRID-The Spanish interior minister claimed an ETA 'commando' and its support structure have been dismantled after three more arrests.
7 April 2005
MADRID-The Spanish interior minister claimed an ETA 'commando' and its support structure have been dismantled after three more arrests.
The arrests were made early on Thursday morning in the Basque Country.
Jose Antonio Alonso praised the anti-terrorist police responsible for the operation, but warned ETA were still a threat.
Alonso said the latest arrests were part of an on-going series of arrests which started on 25 March.
The three latest suspects were named as Marta Igorriz Iceta, Gorka Aztiria Echeverría and Gaizka Olabarrieta Cormenzano.
The first was detained in Hernani and the others in Mondragón, all in the Basque Country.
Early morning raids on the suspects' homes led to the arrests.
Police have also seized documents in the raids.
Police sources said the three suspects formed part of the support structure for an ETA cell and helped to hide terrorists and supply them with materials and provide safe houses, allowing them to carry on the armed struggle.
Alonso said Spain would continue its fight against ETA until it had been beaten.
[Copyright EFE with Expatica]
Subject: Spanish news