Club to launch probe into football sex claims

15th March 2004, Comments 0 comments

15 March 2004, LONDON - Leicester City launched an internal inquiry Monday into events during their ill-fated training trip to Spain. Paul Dickov, Keith Gillespie and Frank Sinclair, who were all charged with sexual aggression, are due to take part in their first training session since being freed on bail by a Spanish judge Thursday.

15 March 2004

LONDON - Leicester City launched an internal inquiry Monday into events during their ill-fated training trip to Spain.
 
Paul Dickov, Keith Gillespie and Frank Sinclair, who were all charged with sexual aggression, are due to take part in their first training session since being freed on bail by a Spanish judge Thursday.

The move comes after the three women at the centre of the scandal told their version of the alleged incident to a British newspaper Sunday.

Leicester City  manager Micky Adams gave the trio the weekend off to spend with their families after the ordeal, the Press Association reported.

But Adams is determined to find out what happened during the trip to Spain.

Adams said: "We will sit down, we will hold an inquiry. We need to find out what went on. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of exactly what happened but I am not putting a time-scale on the investigation."

Having offered to resign last week, Adams has been adopting an 'innocent-until-proven-guilty' stance at press conferences.

But it is clear he will demand answers from the three before deciding whether any disciplinary action should be taken against them.

Adams will also assess the physical and mental shape of the players during the next few days.

"We will see what shape they are in this week and whether they are ready to play football because it must have been a traumatic time for them," he said.

Subject: Spanish news

0 Comments To This Article