Two arrested in Chinese restaurant massacre

7th February 2007, Comments 0 comments

7 February 2007, Hamburg (dpa) - Police said Wednesday they had arrested two ethnic Chinese men from Vietnam aged 29 and 31 as suspects in the shooting murder three days earlier of seven people at a Chinese restaurant. The men had been pulled over in a rental car on a country road Monday afternoon and arrested. Their apartment in the nearby city of Bremen was searched Tuesday afternoon, along with a flat one of them had used in another city. Both suspects were additionally accused of possession of cocaine.

7 February 2007

Hamburg (dpa) - Police said Wednesday they had arrested two ethnic Chinese men from Vietnam aged 29 and 31 as suspects in the shooting murder three days earlier of seven people at a Chinese restaurant.

The men had been pulled over in a rental car on a country road Monday afternoon and arrested. Their apartment in the nearby city of Bremen was searched Tuesday afternoon, along with a flat one of them had used in another city.

Both suspects were additionally accused of possession of cocaine.

Three men and three women were found shot dead in the small hours of Monday in the restaurant at Sittensen, a small town 45 kilometres south-west of Hamburg.

Police said a 2-year-old girl who survived the massacre was in safety and in a "stable" state of health, but gave no other details.

A spokeswoman said police who stopped the suspects Monday had no previous evidence that they were involved, but quickly became suspicious of them.

The couple who owned the restaurant were both Hong Kong Chinese with British passports. Another victim was an ethnic Chinese of Malaysian origin. The identities of other victims were still being checked.

DPA

Subject: German news

0 Comments To This Article