Third suspect held in restaurant massacre

21st May 2007, Comments 0 comments

21 May 2007, Sittensen, Germany (dpa) - Police investigating a massacre at an Asian restaurant in Germany disclosed Monday the arrest of a third suspect, a Vietnamese man, 29, living in the city of Bremerhaven. Seven people were shot dead in February at the Lin Yue restaurant in the northern town of Sittensen including the Scottish Chinese owner, Danny Wing Hong Fan, 36, his wife and staff from Hong Kong, Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand. The following day, police arrested two Vietnamese men as suspects. A p

21 May 2007

Sittensen, Germany (dpa) - Police investigating a massacre at an Asian restaurant in Germany disclosed Monday the arrest of a third suspect, a Vietnamese man, 29, living in the city of Bremerhaven.

Seven people were shot dead in February at the Lin Yue restaurant in the northern town of Sittensen including the Scottish Chinese owner, Danny Wing Hong Fan, 36, his wife and staff from Hong Kong, Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand.

The following day, police arrested two Vietnamese men as suspects.

A police spokesman said the third suspect had been identified by the inquiry weeks ago and after evidence against him mounted, heavily armed police detained him last Wednesday at his apartment.

A magistrate has since remanded him into custody on suspicion of murder.

Police said earlier they could link the prime suspects to the scene from specks of blood and tiny fibres on clothing. Police have yet to say if they believe organized crime was involved in the attack.

The shootings at the neat restaurant, which was a popular eating spot in the country town, shook the Asian community in Germany, where gang violence is practically unknown.

DPA

Subject: German news

0 Comments To This Article