Hockenheim organisers confirm Ecclestone talks

11th January 2006, Comments 0 comments

11 January 2006, HOCKENHEIM, GERMANY - The company which runs Germany's financially troubled Hockenheimring Formula One track on Tuesday confirmed upcoming talks with Bernie Ecclestone but stopped short of saying that the F1 boss is ready to save it.

11 January 2006

HOCKENHEIM, GERMANY - The company which runs Germany's financially troubled Hockenheimring Formula One track on Tuesday confirmed upcoming talks with Bernie Ecclestone but stopped short of saying that the F1 boss is ready to save it.

The company, Hockenheimring GmbH, recently announced debts of 29 million euros (35 million dollars) which endangers the track's F1 future after 2006. This year's German Grand Prix race is to take place as planned on July 30.

"It is only logical that talks with Ecclestone take place. But we have not yet talked to him," said company spokesman Hartmut Tesseraux.

Meanwhile, Hockenheim's mayor Diete Gummer told Deutsche Presse- Agentur, that a date with Ecclestone had already been set for the second half of January.

"We'll prepare ourselves well and talk openly," he said.

The news came in the wake of a report in Tuesday's edition of the local Mannheimer Morgen which said that Ecclestone may invest in the company, give them a price reduction or even act as organiser.

Local politicians said they will likely not step in to save the company from bankruptcy and rather called for private investors.

DPA

Subject: German news

0 Comments To This Article