Germany taking Islamist video threat seriously

20th November 2007, Comments 0 comments

20 November 2007, Wiesbade - Germany is taking seriously a new threat against the country contained in an Islamist video, Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said Tuesday.

20 November 2007

Wiesbade - Germany is taking seriously a new threat against the country contained in an Islamist video, Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said Tuesday.

The video was sent to the Austrian broadcasting corporation ORF, which planned to air it Tuesday evening.

In the video, a previously unknown group calling itself the Global Islamic Media Front indirectly threatened attacks in Germany and Austria if the two states do not pull their troops from Afghanistan.

It also demanded that Austria release two Islamists held in detention there.

Schaeuble said although Germany was taking the threat seriously, but it did not require a reappraisal by Berlin of the general security situation.

DPA

Subject: German news

0 Comments To This Article