German chow hall poisons 200 NATO soldiers in Afghanistan
About 200 international coalition soldiers in Afghanistan contracted food poisoning after eating at a German military dining facility, the defence ministry in Berlin said Thursday.
A total of 206 International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) soldiers, 138 of them German, fell ill after eating canteen food at Camp Marmal in Mazar-i-Sharif camp in north Afghanistan.
"The intervention capacity of the troops has not been affected" by the incident, said the ministry, adding the kitchen has since been sterilised.
© 2011 AFP