Evening in front of fireplace ends in death

28th September 2004, Comments 0 comments

28 September 2004 , FRANKFURT - An autumn evening in front of a fireplace ended in death for three people in Germany who succumbed to carbon-monoxide poisoning, police in Frankfurt said Tuesday. Two men ages 22 and 25 and a 20-year-old woman friend were all found dead on the living room sofa at the 25-year-old's home. Police quoted acquaintances as saying the trio had been looking forward to trying out the fireplace for the first time since moving into the home this past summer. "They clearly neglected to

28 September 2004

FRANKFURT - An autumn evening in front of a fireplace ended in death for three people in Germany who succumbed to carbon-monoxide poisoning, police in Frankfurt said Tuesday.

Two men ages 22 and 25 and a 20-year-old woman friend were all found dead on the living room sofa at the 25-year-old's home.

Police quoted acquaintances as saying the trio had been looking forward to trying out the fireplace for the first time since moving into the home this past summer.

"They clearly neglected to have the flue checked beforehand," a police spokesman said.

DPA

Subject: German news

0 Comments To This Article