What's on: Art International Zurich
Art International Zurich presents contemporary art in the city centre from 16 to 18 October.Art International Zurich presents different styles of contemporary arts in the city centre. The fair takes place at The Kongresshaus Zurich, located between Bahnhofstrasse, Paradeplatz and Lake Zurich. The 11th art fair introduces international and national contemporary artists.
The fair aims to promote communication, sales and contact between the exhibitors and the business, media, collectors and the public. Contemporary and avant-garde art is traded at a wide range of prices. Visitors can make contact with artists and galleries.
The friendly atmosphere, diversity of art, and global nature of the event have contributed to the success of Art International.
Highlights of the 2009 exhibit:
- Young artists from South Korea: Samsim Galleries from Seoul represents eight Korean artists from several generations. Using modern and traditional techniques, their work explores the dynamism of Korea and the power of national mysteries.
Raffi Tokatlian: sculptures
- Forum Sculpture: A selection of international sculptors including Helen and Asnat (artist group from Israel), Raffi Tokatlian (Lebanon), Jacqueline Urbach (Zurich), Housi Knecht (Bern), Jürgen Trösch (Germany), Volker Kiehn (Germany).
- Italian performing artist and filmmaker Akarus Milbus Vonduvall (Rome/Zurich).
- Installation: Flags by Swiss artist Sibylla Dreiszigacker.
- Photography: Stephan Heinz (Germany, M3 Medien Gallery) and Derrick Feole (USA).
When: 16 - 18 October, 11h00 – 20h00
Where: Kongresshaus Zurich, Claridenstrasse 5, CH-8002 Zurich
Tickets: CHF 16.00, reduced CHF 8.00