90 injured in Mogadishu attack admitted to hospital: ICRC
Some 90 people injured in a suicide attack by Somalia's Shebab insurgents in Mogadishu have been admitted to the city's Medina Hospital, the International Committee of the Red Cross said Tuesday.
"Among the casualties were at least five women and nine children. All had been in the area where the bomb exploded, close to a government building in the central part of the city," said the relief agency.
"Many suffered burns and fractures. Some 15 were released shortly after their admission. Some of the others are currently undergoing surgery. Doctors and nurses are working around the clock," it added.
At least 57 people have been killed by the car bomb that ripped through the government compound in Mogadishu.
© 2011 AFP