Movember 2009: Changing the face of men's health
With 1 in 6 men being diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime, Movember, a worldwide charity, takes over the month formerly known as November, and encourages all men to become Mo Bros. By growing a moustache, Mo Bros raise awareness and money to help the fight against prostate cancer.
How can you help? Each Mo Bro starts 1st November clean shaved and for the month of Movember he cultivates a fine Mo (moustache) culminating in the official Mo Gala Party at the James Joyce on Saturday 28th November.
You can find out more about Movember on the official site: www.movember.com
While you are there, sign up and join the Brussels team: Movember Brussels 2009
If you want to contact us or want copies of any of the promotional material: send us a mail.
We are also on Facebook, join the group here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=151051258163
1. Women are more attracted to men with mo's.
2. Mo's are sported by over 3.5 million adult males in Europe!
3. Mo's make you look stronger and will scare off any opponent. Beards are for the weak and the lame.
4. Gentlemen have always worn mo's. The term barbarian was applied to men who wore beards, because they were a lesser type of man.
5. A mo will make you richer, Beards are for beggars.
6. Mo's make you look smarter.
7. In Russia, Peter the Great taxed men who wore beards, but men with Mo's were untaxed.
8. Spanish proverb - A kiss without a mo is like an egg without salt.
9. People will view a man with a mo as an educated man.
10. You don't know until you grow.
11. There are between 10,000 and 20,000 hairs on a man's face.
12. In 1967 the Beatles gave away cardboard mo's with their album Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.
13. In a deck of cards, the King of Hearts is the only king without a moustache.
14. At birth, a dolphin arrives into the world with a moustache, but due to a natural depilatory process, the moustache falls off by itself.
15. The oldest portrait showing a shaved man with a moustache is a Scythian horseman from 300BC.
16. The longest recorded moustache belonged to Bajansinh Juwansinh Gurjar of Ahmedabad, India. It had not been cut for 22 years and was 12 feet 6 inches in 2004.
17. A survey of 100,000 women in 1988 found that 68% confirmed a man with a moustache to be a superior lover over that of his clean lipped neighbour.
18. On average a man with a moustache touches it 760 times during a 24 hour period.
19. In 2006 five men died from complications which all started as ingrown moustache hairs.
20. A one month old moustache is capable of holding approximately 30ml of liquid or around 10% of a beer at any one time before leaking its contents down the face of the owner.
Young or Old, men of Brussels come and join Movember and
WEAR YOUR MO WITH PRIDE!!!