'Missing' Belgian safe after Bali attacks

4th October 2005, Comments 0 comments

4 October 2005, BRUSSELS — The Belgian man who was reported missing after the bomb attacks in Bali on Saturday has been found and is in good health, the Foreign Affairs Ministry said on Tuesday.

4 October 2005

BRUSSELS — The Belgian man who was reported missing after the bomb attacks in Bali on Saturday has been found and is in good health, the Foreign Affairs Ministry said on Tuesday.

The Belgian embassy in Jakarta has made contact with the man's son, who has assured officials his father is safe and sound.
 
Reports of a missing Belgian man after the Saturday bombings initially led to confusion, news agency Belga reported.

Instead of calling the Foreign Affairs Ministry or the Belgian embassy in Jakarta, the son of the man in question had contacted the Indonesian crisis centre to report his father missing.

The Foreign Ministry failed to make direct contact with the man's son on Monday.
 
However, it was already apparent from the description of the 'missing' Belgian that he did not match the description of the unidentified body of one of the foreign victims of the attacks.

The Belgian honorary consul in Bali had earlier informed the Foreign Affairs Ministry that the descriptions did not match.

And now that the Belgian embassy in Jakarta has made contact with the man's son, there is no further cause for concern.

[Copyright Expatica News 2005]

Subject: Belgian news

0 Comments To This Article