Internet use still rising in Belgium

26th February 2004, Comments 0 comments

26 February 2004, BRUSSELS – The number of internet users in Belgium increased steadily in 2003 and is still rising, Le Soir newspaper reported on Thursday.

26 February 2004

BRUSSELS – The number of internet users in Belgium increased steadily in 2003 and is still rising, Le Soir newspaper reported on Thursday.

According to he newspaper, the number of internet connections in the country had risen by 3.9 percent at the end of 2003 compared to the same period the previous year.

The news came as Skynet, the internet service provider now operated by Belgium's state-backed telephone operator Belgacom, announced that it had signed up its millionth customer.

Skynet began life in 1995 as an internet start-up company created by a group of friends who set up a router, a few modems and a server in Brussels kitchen.

A year later Belgacom bought a 25 percent stake in the firm and in 1998 it bought the remaining 75 percent.

[Copyright Expatica News 2004]

Subject: Belgian news

0 Comments To This Article