EuropeGirls website plans to continue

11th August 2005, Comments 0 comments

11 August 2005, BRUSSELS — The controversial relationships website EuropeGirls hopes to revamp its operations next week despite being called to order by the Economic Affairs Ministry last month.

11 August 2005

BRUSSELS — The controversial relationships website EuropeGirls hopes to revamp its operations next week despite being called to order by the Economic Affairs Ministry last month.

Company owner Björn Wybo told Expatica he will present plans to the ministry next week and remove the photos of the women illegally placed on the current website. He said the ministry will then advise him whether it will approve of the new set-up.

The marriage agency website recently attracted bad publicity after it was revealed that many of the Eastern European women featured were not officially registered with the company.

The website claimed it had registered more than 300 foreign women living in Belgium looking for a partner. However, many of the photos were of women not living in Belgium and with whom Wybo did not have direct contact with. This was in breach of Belgian law.

Wybo subsequently decided to remove the photos from www.europegirls.be after discussing the matter with the Economic Inspectorate.

He said the women had been registered with another firm and that he was seeking an alternative arrangement. A new website will also be designed.

In the meantime, the 'unregistered' women were to be removed from the website, but were still being displayed on Thursday.

[Copyright Expatica News 2005]

Subject: Belgian news

0 Comments To This Article