Calling American Voters in Belgium
Democrats Abroad (DA), the overseas branch of the US Democratic Party, is holding a global primary for the 2008 presidential electionCalling American Voters in Belgium:
REGISTER NOW to Make Your Vote Count In the Global Democratic Primary
15 January 2008, BRUSSELS – The world’s eyes have been on Iowa, New Hampshire and Michigan, as the first events of the US presidential election shed light on the very different candidates. How can Americans in Belgium make sure that their votes are also counted in this crucial and wide open election?
US election excitement is here in Belgium
For the first time ever, Democrats Abroad (DA), the overseas branch of the US Democratic Party, is holding a global primary for the 2008 presidential election. Americans living abroad can vote in person, online, by fax or post for their chosen Democratic candidate.
Democrats Abroad and the overseas Americans it represents are being treated as a virtual 51st state. As the US primary season gets into full swing, Democrats living overseas can choose their candidate, too. The Democratic global primary allows for balloting by Internet, fax and post.
Voting Centers will also be open in 34 countries around the globe.
VOTING IN THE DEMOCRATIC GLOBAL PRIMARY BY FAX OR POST
US citizens must fill out a simple registration form at www.VoteFromAbroad.org BY
31 JANUARY 2008.
VOTING IN THE DEMOCRATIC GLOBAL PRIMARY IN PERSON IN BELGIUM
US citizens can cast their vote in person in Brussels:
Tuesday, Feb. 5 at the Super Tuesday event*, Conrad Hotel, open 19:00-21:30h
Sunday, Feb. 10 voting center: The Coffee Shop, 131 rue de Stassart, near Place Stéphanie open 12-16:00h.
For information, US citizens should email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The results will determine DA's 22 delegates to the Democratic National Convention.
To vote in the US presidential election in November, overseas voters must request a ballot from authorities in the place where they last resided in the US. This process is now simplified by the free online tool at www.VoteFromAbroad.org.
UPCOMING EVENTS IN 2008
- Democrats Abroad Belgium (DAB) will hold a General Membership Meeting in Brussels, 17 January.
- Democrats Abroad Belgium will hold a Political Discussion Group in Brussels, 24 January.
- Democrats Abroad Belgium will participate in a major Super Tuesday event in Brussels, 5 February.
- Democrats Abroad Belgium will hold a Platform Discussion Group in Brussels, 6 February.
- The Democrats Abroad Regional Caucus for Europe-Middle East-Africa will occur in Brussels, 14-16 March.
- The Democrats Abroad Regional Caucuses for the Americas and Asia-Pacific regions will be in Vancouver, 11 April.
- The Democrats Abroad Global Convention will take place in Vancouver, 12-13 April.
- The Democratic National Convention will be in Denver, 25-28 August.
EVERY VOTE IS IMPORTANT. MAKE SURE YOURS IS COUNTED!