Belgian police probe queen death-threat

5th January 2010, Comments 0 comments

Belgian police said they have opened an investigation into new death threats aimed at the widow of King Baudouin, Queen Fabiola.

BRUSSELS - "There is a letter and an investigation is under way," a federal police spokesman told AFP after a new menace was sent to Belgian newspaper La Derniere-Heure, seven months after a first threatening letter was written.

The newspaper revealed on its website on Monday afternoon that it had received the letter, and its editor-in-chief, Hubert Leclercq, told AFP that a black-and-white postcard contained "the same signature" as that on as previous threats in May and July.

"It contained very clear threats," he underlined.

The police spokesman refused to give any more information regarding the note.

Last year's threats to the 81-year-old queen led to a man with British nationality being interviewed by police but then released.


0 Comments To This Article